A 1.21ha site at Markfield owned by Leicestershire County Council and managed by the Country Parks service. It was gifted to the County Council in 1949 and is noted for its rocky outcrops, the site is used for picnics and short walks.
The prominent rocky outcrops of the Altar Stones date from the pre-Cambrian period and are designated as a Regionally Important Geological Site. The surrounding area supports heather and gorse. Grassy paths provide walks among the stones, past two small ponds and give good views over Charnwood Forest.
The area was once the site of a post mill. Look out for the remains of the miller's store.
Car parking is available in the adjacent layby.